How to Cite the Camarillo State Hospital Collection
- Collection Name and University
- Record Group Name (Ex: History Files)
- Box Number AND Folder Number [Ex: Box 1 & Folder 7 = 1/7]
- Type of Document (Ex: Letter/Memo/Article)
- Author (and Recipient if applicable) and/or Title
- Year of Document (Ex: Feb. 1, 1980)
*Initial Cite: Camarillo State Hospital Collection, Cal. State Univ., Channel Islands; History Files, 1/7; Letter to Dr. Toner from Edmund Brown; 2/1/80
Camarillo State Hospital Collection, Cal. State Univ., Channel Islands; Newspaper Files, 2/4; Article: "Life in Los Angeles", Los Angeles Times; 2/1/80
**Subsequent Cites: CSH; Newspaper Files; 2/4; Letter to Toner; 2/1/80.
*An initial cite is used every time a new document is mentioned in your paper.
**A subsequent (or secondary) cite is used after a particular document has already been cited.