Basics of Reserves (for first-time visitors)
Need more information?
For Print and eReserves email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Streaming Media contact Laura Pendleton via email or phone (ext. 3180)
Obtain URL to a journal article for upload to CILearn/Blackboard (PDF, 363KB)
Online eReserve Request
eReserve Request Form (PDF, 128KB)
Print Course Reserve Request Form (PDF, 133KB)
Online Streaming Media Request Form
Basics of Reserves
Three ways to provide content for your students:
- eReserves (Electronic Reserves) – documents and web links uploaded to your CILearn course site
- Print Reserves – textbooks and other books/videos for library checkout (2hr, 4hr, overnight)
- Streaming Media - videos and audio uploaded to your CILearn course site
The Library is available to help create an electronic selection of resources/readings available 24/7 to enhance student learning. We call this service eReserves.
The Library will:
- scan materials, make them screen-reader accessible, and include copyright/fair use information
- create direct links to journal articles available in full-text from the Library’s subscription databases, including proxy address so no additional login is required
- upload them into your CILearn course section for you!
The Library holds textbooks provided by faculty members and other materials on Print Reserve for students to check out for 2hrs, 4hrs, or overnight, thus providing access to all the students in the course. A direct link to the Library catalog placed in your CILearn course shows live availability of Print Reserves.
The Library will:
- make streaming media available for library-owned content on your CILearn course site within 3 business days after receiving request
- consider media donations and purchase requests
Note: If purchase request is approved, it can take 6-8 weeks to purchase and prepare media for streaming.
Not sure if your use of a document, link, textbook, book, or video falls within the fair use exception to copyright? Use the CSU Fair Use Factors Checklist (PDF, 58.4KB) to find out.