All Databases A-Z
- ABI/InformContains articles on business, advertising, marketing, economics and finance.
- Academic Search Premier | Mobile EditionContains journal, magazine and newspaper articles on a broad range of topics.
- Acceda NoticiasContains Spanish language newspapers, magazines, and newswires from the U.S. and around the world.
- Access Business NewsContains diverse global perspectives on topics related to companies, industries, brands and executives, and topics such as gas prices, business ethics, labor unions, advertising practices, foreign trade, information for job seekers and more from a variety of current and retrospective news media including business journals, newspapers, newswires, broadcast transcripts, blogs and web-only content.
- Access CaliforniaContains California news media including regional and university newspapers, TV transcripts, blogs and web-only content.
- Access International NewspapersContains current and archived electronic news sources from around the world including newspapers, blogs, journals, magazines, news wires, transcripts and web-only sources. Topics cover people, issues and events worldwide.
- Access Military, Government & DefenseContains extensive coverage of the Armed Forces and U.S. federal government, military and defense news, issues, strategies, careers and lifestyles, pay and benefits, training, law, equipment and technology.
- Access United StatesCovers diverse U.S. perspectives on topics related to controversial issues, the environment, health, education, science, the arts, literature, business, economics, criminal justice, and more from a variety of current and retrospective news media including newspapers, newswires, broadcast transcripts, blogs, periodicals, videos and web-only content.
- Access U.S. NewswiresContains full-text current and archived articles offering in-depth and broad coverage for research on many different topics.
- Access World NewsContains diverse global, local, regional, and national perspectives on topics related to controversial issues, the environment, health, education, science, the arts, literature, business, economics, criminal justice, and more from a variety of current and retrospective news media including newspapers, newswires, broadcast transcripts, blogs, periodicals and web-only content.
- ACLS Humanities E-book Contains approximately 3,700 books from the field of humanities.
- ACM Digital Library Contains articles published by ACM in the field of computing.
- ACS Publications (American Chemical Society)Contains peer-reviewed research journals in the chemical and related sciences.
- African Writers SeriesCovers the historical range of modern African fiction, including over 250 volumes of fiction, poetry, drama and non-fictional prose.
- Alt-PressWatchContains newspaper, magazine and journal articles from alternative and independent press.
- America: History and LifeCovers the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to the present.
- American Doctoral Dissertations, 1933-1955American Doctoral Dissertations, 1933-1955 indexes dissertations accepted by American universities over a 22-year period. It contains about 93,000 citations. This database was created with the support of the H. W. Wilson Foundation and the Congregational Library & Archives in Boston, MA.
- American History, 1493-1945Contains over 50,000 primary source documents covering American history from 1493 to 1945 including correspondence, diaries, government documents, business records, books, pamphlets, newspapers, broadsides, photographs, artwork and maps. Secondary resources include chronology, essays, video lectures and interactive features.
- American Indian Histories and CulturesManuscripts, artwork and rare printed books, treaties, speeches, and diaries dating from the earliest contact with European settlers to photographs and newspapers from the mid-twentieth century.
- American National BiographyContains biographies of more than 18,700 men and women whose lives have shaped the nation.
- American Periodicals Series 1740-1940Contains over 1,100 periodicals published between 1740 and 1940.
- American State Papers, 1789-1838 Contains primary material of American historical importance including legislative and executive documents, speeches of U.S. presidents and coverage of historical events from 1789-1838.
- American WestBooks, journals, diaries and pioneer accounts, maps, broadsides, periodicals, advertisements, photographs, and artwork of the American West from the early eighteenth to the mid-twentieth century.
- America's Historical NewspapersContains America's Historical Newspapers, Hispanic American Newspapers, American State Papers and U.S. Congressional Serial Set.
- Annual ReviewsContains articles in the areas of biomedical/life sciences, physical sciences, and social sciences.
- AnthroSource Contains anthropological publications which include journals, books, monographs, bulletins and newsletters.
- AP ImagesContains primary source photographs, audio, graphics and text spanning over 160 years of history.
- Art and History Images Contains Architectural Drawings, Painting, Photography, Print, Sculpture, Sketching and Tapestries.
- ArtStor (Users must register for an account using a desktop computer)Contains more than one million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities and sciences.
- arXiv Contains articles on Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Biology and Statistics.
- Asian American DramaREQUIRES ADDITIONAL LOGIN Contains plays, information about productions, theaters, production companies, playbills and photos.
- Aztlan: A Journal of Chicano Studies An interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal that publishes research about the Chicano experience.
- Benezit Dictionary of Artists Contains nearly 170,000 entries on artists from antiquity to the present day containing artists’ biographies, images of artists’ signatures and monograms, and detailed museum listings, bibliographies, exhibit information and auction records.
- Biology Images Browse by categories: common terms, taxonomy, California native plants, ESRM (Environmental Science & Resource Management) or keyword search.
- BIOSIS Previews®Contains life sciences and biomedical research covering pre-clinical and experimental research, methods and instrumentation and animal studies from 1926 to the present.
- Birds of North AmericaContains life histories for more than 716 species of birds breeding in the U.S. and Canada.
- Black Drama, Second Edition Contains approximately 1200 plays by 200 playwrights, as well as information on related productions, theaters, production companies, playbills and photos.
- Black Short Fiction and FolkloreContains over 11,000 stories and folktales from Africa and the African Diaspora.
- Black Women WritersContains fiction, poetry and essays from women from Africa and the African Diaspora.
- Business Source Premier | Mobile EditionContains articles about business, marketing, management, accounting, finance and economics.
- California Digital Newspaper CollectionRepository of digitized California newspapers from 1846 to the present.
- California Field Opinion PollsCovers California public opinion on a wide range of political and social topics.
- Cambridge Histories OnlineContains books on History, Music, Science and Philosophy.
- Caribbean LiteratureContains poetry and fiction produced during the 19th and 20th centuries in English, French, Spanish, Dutch and Creole languages.
- Caribbean Newspapers 1718-1876Contains 66 newspaper titles from 22 Caribbean islands published between 1718-1876.
- China, America and the PacificRare texts, visual images, personal and business correspondence, newspapers, and maps which document the trading and cultural relationships between China, America, and the Pacific region between the 18th and early 20th centuries.
- Choice Reviews Reviews of academic books, electronic media and Internet resources related to Higher Education.
- CI Institutional Repository(John Spoor Broome Library) Contains campus documents and special library collections.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text | Mobile EditionContains articles from nursing & allied health journals.
- Civil Rights in America: From Reconstruction to the Great SocietyArchive of official publications and primary source material related to civil rights in the United States covering a wide range of topics for research in American history, political science, social justice and related fields.
- College Source(Click on CSO to search) Contains digital college catalogs, institution profiles, transcript keys and other resources.
- Communication & Mass Media Complete | Mobile EditionContains articles from Communication and Mass Media.
- Confidential Print: Latin America British Foreign and Colonial Office documents covering the whole of South and Central America, including the non-British islands of the Caribbean, from the 1820s to the height of the Cold War in the 1960s.
- CQ ResearcherContains original, comprehensive reporting and analysis on issues in the news including health, social trends, criminal justice, international affairs, the environment and the economy.
- CQ WeeklyContains in-depth reports on the status of bills, committee and floor activity, debates and all roll-call votes.
- Credo ReferenceInterdisciplinary list of dictionaries and encyclopedias covering the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- CSU Image Project Contains approximately 100,000 images on a broad range of topics.
- Digital Dissertations, Part A: Humanities and Social SciencesContains more than 1 million dissertations and theses in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)Contains scientific and scholarly journals.
- Early English Books OnlineContains digital page images of almost every work printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America between 1400-1700.
- ebraryProvides access to thousands of downloadable e-books in Life, Physical, and Social Sciences, Technology, Business and Economics, Education, and the Humanities.
- EconLitCitations and abstracts of economic research publications dating back to 1886. Links to full-text articles covering economic forecasting, labor and urban economics, monetary theory, government regulations and country studies.
- Economist Intelligence UnitContains country reports, global forecasting and country profiles.
- Emerald FulltextContains journals and books in business, library and information management, social sciences, engineering, language and linguistics.
- EndNote® WebTools for searching online resources, saving records to an online library, collecting and organizing references and formatting citations, footnotes and bibliographies.
- ERIC | Mobile EditionThe Education Resource Information Center contains more than 1.4 million records in the field of education.
- Ethnic NewsWatch™An interdisciplinary, bilingual (English and Spanish) database of newspapers, magazines and journals from ethnic, minority and native presses.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia Contains full-text of biographies and information covering a wide range of topics.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library Access to more than 8,000 Reference ebooks covering biographies and titles in the humanities and sciences.
- GenderWatchContains scholarly journals, magazines, newspapers, newsletters, regional publications and books that focus on gender issues.
- GeoRefGeosciences database containing articles, books, maps, government reports, conference papers, theses and dissertations.
- Getty Research Portal™ (Art History)Provides open access to digitized and downloadable public domain art history texts, rare books, and auction sales catalogs made available by participating art institutions.
- Global Road WarriorContains information on international trade and logistics, international travel, country culture, language and cartography.
- GPO Monthly CatalogCovers U.S. government documents, including Congressional reports, hearings, debates and records, judiciary materials and documents issued by Executive departments.
- GreenFILE Multidisciplinary scholarly, government and general interest titles focused on human impact of the environment. Provides indexing, abstracts and full-text for open access articles.
- Harvard University Press eBooks A growing collection of nearly 400 academic eBooks published by Harvard University Press in the arts, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and law.
- Hispanic American Newspapers, 1808-1980Contains newspaper titles from 14 states between 1808-1980.
- Historical Abstracts | Mobile Edition Covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present.
- Hoover's Company ProfilesPublic and non-public company information. Includes industry analyses, summary financials, information about key executives and top competitors and more.
- HRAF ArchaeologyProvides documents of mostly prehistoric cultures organized by archaeological traditions and regions from around the world. Sources include books, journal articles, dissertations, and manuscripts.
- HRAF World CulturesA cross-cultural database containing information on the cultural and social studies of human behavior and society.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Full-text access to technical literature in engineering and technology.
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) (Downloading requires you to login to ICPSR, refer to ICPSR website for login options.)Research data and documents archive covering the social sciences.
- International Political Science Abstracts Contains articles and abstracts from political science journals.
- Irish Women Poets of the Romantic PeriodContains more than 80 volumes of poetry by approximately 50 Irish women writing between 1768 and 1842
- Japan Times Archive English-language Japanese newspaper archive delivering over 100 years of Japanese perspectives on news, history and world affairs.
- Journal of Chemical Education Publishes current research advances and teaching methodologies for chemical education in print, video and other digital formats.
- JSTORContains journal content, primary sources and images from humanities, social sciences and the sciences.
- Latin American Newspapers Series I 1805-1922Searchable newspapers from Latin America published between 1805-1922.
- Latin American Newspapers Series 2 1822-1922Searchable newspapers from Latin America published between 1822-1922.
- Latin American Women WritersContains prose, poetry and drama composed by women writing in Mexico, Central America and South America.
- Latino LiteratureContains poetry, fiction and over 450 plays written in English and Spanish by hundreds of Chicano, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Dominican and other Latino authors working in the United States.
- Library, Information Science and Technology Abstracts (LISTA) | Mobile EditionContains articles on librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics and information management.
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)Contains international literature in linguistics and related disciplines in the language sciences, including phonetics.
- Literature Online (Includes MLA International Bibliography and ABELL)Contains works of English and American poetry, drama and prose, criticism and reference resources, audio recordings, articles, monographs and dissertations. ABELL=Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature.
- Los Angeles Sentinel Historic (1934-2005)Contains full page and article images from every available issue.
- Los Angeles Times (1985 to Present)Indexed newspaper issues covering years 1985 to the present.
- Los Angeles Times Historical (1881-1992)Contains full page and article images from every available issue.
- Market Research and American Business, 1935-1965
Contains American consumer and market research reports and supporting documents covering the mid-20th century from the collection of Ernest Dichter, the era’s foremost consumer analyst and market research pioneer.
- MAS UltraCollection of primary sources and popular material including American history and government, country reports and the sciences. Contains more than 360 reference books, over 81,000 primary sources, more than 79,000 biographies, an image collection and periodicals.
- MathSciNetContains reviews, abstracts and articles for mathematical sciences.
- Medieval Travel Writing Late medieval manuscript illuminations and maps documenting journeys to Central Asia and the Far East (including Mongolia, Persia, India, China, and South-East Asia), and the Holy Land.
- MEDLINE®(1950-present) The U.S. National Library of Medicine® (NLM®) premier life sciences database.
- Mental Measurements YearbookGuide to over 2,700 contemporary testing instruments from psychology, education, business and leadership.
- Mergent Intellect™Provides U.S.and international business data, industry news and profiles, U.S. executive and consumer contact information, and U.S. census data.
- Middle Search PlusMiddle Search Plus indexes articles from popular middle school magazines, including biographies and historical essays. Each article is assigned a reading level ranking using the Lexile Scale (http://www.lexile.com/about-lexile/lexile-overview/).
- Military & Government CollectionContains current U.S. government and military information including full-text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals and indexing and abstracts for 400 journals.
- MLA International Bibliography (Includes Literature Online and ABELL)Annual index of books and articles on modern languages and literatures, linguistics and folklore.
- Music Online: Classical Music LibraryContains classical music recordings from the earliest times to the present.
- Music Online: Smithsonian Global Sound for Libraries Smithsonian Global Sound for Libraries, produced in partnership with Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, is a virtual encyclopedia of the world's musical and aural traditions. The collection provides educators, students and interested listeners with an unprecedented variety of online resources that support the creation, continuity and preservation of diverse musical forms.
- NatureInternational interdisciplinary science journal covering the topics of Chemistry, Earth & Environment, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences and Clinical Practice.
- NBC LearnContains more than 15,000 videos covering historic news reports, current events stories, and original series and primary source documents.
- New York Times Historical (1851-2013)Contains full page and article images from every available issue.
- NewspaperARCHIVEContains billions of articles from historical newspapers around the U.S. and the world.
- North American Indian Drama Contains 244 plays by 48 playwrights, as well as production, theater and production company information.
- North American Theatre Online A comprehensive reference source covering all aspects of the Canadian and American Theatre.
- North American Women's Drama Contains 1,517 plays by 330 playwrights as well as related production, theater and production company information.
- Open Science DirectoryContains open access scientific journals.
- Oxford Art OnlineContains more than 23,000 subject entries, 21,000 biographies, 500,000 bibliographic citations, 40,000 image links and 6,000 art images.
- Oxford English DictionaryThe accepted authority on the English language including the meaning, history and pronunciation of 600,000 words.
- Oxford JournalsContains journals from Economics, Physical and Life Sciences, Law, Medical, Humanities, Arts and Social Science disciplines
- Oxford Music OnlineContains articles on composers, performers, conductors, instruments and notation.
- Oxford Reference OnlineContains dictionary, language and subject references on a broad range of topics.
- PILOTS: Published International Literature on Traumatic StressIncludes citations, abstracts and full-text articles covering traumatic stress assessment, prevention and treatment and literature on professional ethics and public policy.
- Primary SearchContains full text of popular elementary school magazines and children’s encyclopedias and dictionaries, photos, maps and flags.
- Project MUSEContains articles from Humanities and Social Sciences journals.
- ProQuest Education Journals (1988 to Present) Contains articles on all aspects of education.
- ProQuest NewsstandContains articles from U.S. and international news sources.
- PsycARTICLES | Mobile EditionContains scholarly and scientific articles on Psychology.
- PsycCRITIQUES | Mobile EditionContains book reviews of scholarly and professional books in Psychology.
- PsycEXTRABibliographic and full-text companion to PsycINFO database which contains literature related to Psychology and Behavioral Sciences including technical and government reports, conference papers and periodicals.
- PsycINFO | Mobile EditionContains articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations devoted to behavioral science and mental health.
- PsycTESTSExtensive collection of psychological measures, research instruments, scales, surveys, and test types in a variety of subject areas. Coverage spans more than 100 years with emphasis on current research instruments.
- PubMed/MEDLINEContains more than 20 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals and online books.
- RAND CaliforniaContains statistics about business, economics, education, government and population demographics.
- Regional Business News | Mobile EditionContains statistics about Business and Economics, Education, Government and Population Demographics
- Rethinking SchoolsContains articles focused on classroom practice and education theory in public school settings.
- Roper Polls ("Users at member institutions must make a free personalized Roper account to download datasets, use RoperExplorer, or download up to 500 iPOLL questions at once. Create an account or sign in now."--Roper)Provides access to U.S. and international public opinion polls including survey questionnaires and datasets.
- Sacramento Bee (1857-1979, 1984-current, Blogs)Access current and archived newspaper issues and blogs.
- Safari Tech Books OnlineContains electronic books about technology, digital media and business.
- SAGE eReference BooksContains more than 300 authoritative, interdisciplinary handbooks and encyclopedias in the Social Sciences.
- SAGE Journals OnlineContains articles from the Humanities, Social Sciences, Technology and Medicine.
- SAGE Research MethodsResearch methods tool for the social and clinical sciences that helps researchers identify and understand essential elements of a method. Includes dictionaries, encyclopedias, books, and journal articles.
- San Francisco Chronicle (1869-1984, 1985-current)Access current and archived newspaper issues.
- Science (1997 to Present)Contains scientific news, commentary and science research.
- Science Archive (1880 to 2010)(JSTOR) Contains scientific news, commentary and science research.
- ScienceDirectContains journal articles and book chapters in the areas of Physical Sciences, Engineering, Life Sciences, Health Sciences and Social Sciences.
- SciFinder (for CI students, staff, and faculty only after completing registration from an on-campus computer) Contains articles from Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry and Engineering.
- Scitation®: American Institute of PhysicsContains over two million articles on Physics, Chemistry, Geosciences and Engineering.
- SCOLAA non-profit educational organization that re-transmits television programming from around the world in native languages.
- Scottish Women Poets of the Romantic PeriodContains 60 volumes of Romantic poetry composed by Scottish women, critical reviews and scholarly essays.
- SIRS® Issues ResearcherContains the pros and cons of social issues and includes multimedia, primary sources, government documents and reference material.
- Slavery, Abolition and Social Justice Primary and secondary documents relating to slavery, abolition and social justice. Includes an interactive map that allows selection of contents by preset regions.
- Social Explorer® Online research tool used to track U.S. demographic and social change. Access and create interactive maps, reports, presentations and graphics based on U.S. Census data from 1790 to the present.
- Social Services AbstractsProvides journal and dissertation abstracts and book review citations and indexes more than 1,300 serials publications covering current research in social work, human services and related areas including social welfare, social policy and community development.
- SocAbs (Sociological Abstracts)Contains abstracts and indexes from Sociology and the Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- South and Southeast Asian LiteratureContains fiction and poetry written in English by authors from South and Southeast Asia and their Diasporas.
- SPINContains research funding opportunities.
- Springer PressContains journals and books on a broad range of topics.
- Theatre in VideoContains more than 250 performances of the world's leading plays together with more than 100 film documentaries and online in streaming video.
- Travel Writing, Spectacle and World History Women’s world travel writing from the early 19th century to the late 20th century. Collection includes manuscripts, diaries, correspondence, drawings, guidebooks, and photographs.
- Twentieth Century North American Drama Contains 2,000 plays from the United States and Canada.
- Underground & Independent Comics, Comix, and Graphic NovelsScholarly, primary-source database focused on adult comic books and graphic novels. Works by both celebrated and overlooked artists are included with interviews, criticism, and journal articles that document the continual growth and evolution of this art form. The current release contains 500 comic series and 2,271 comic books.
- University Images Select by category: Events, Hospital Era, Items, People, Places or search by keyword.
- U.S. Congressional Serial SetContains reports, documents and journals of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives.
- U.S. Congressional Serial Set MapsContains images and indexing for maps published in reports and documents of the 37th Congress, 1st Session through the 103rd Congress, 2nd session.
- WestlawAccess primary U.S. legal research materials including federal and state Constitutions, statutes, cases, and administrative regulations. Secondary materials include legal commentaries, journal articles, and encyclopedias.
- Wiley Online LibraryContains articles on Health, Physical and Social Sciences and the Humanities.
- Women and Social Movements in the United StatesContains resources on the history of women in social movements in the U.S. between 1600 and 2000.
- WorldCatContains the OCLC catalog of books and other materials from libraries worldwide.